Sustʻāina ble Molokai’s community-based food system internships offer our island youth (ages 17+) the opportunity to gain hands-on experience while earning a stipend. Interns can work with our island farmers and learn how to grow various crops (vegetables, fruit, taro, etc). They can also work in other aspects of local food, such as marketing and distribution, or making value-added products or locally sourced, healthy meals. Whatever area they choose, interns will gain a better understanding of our island food system and their role in it. They will also gain career-readiness and build their resumes for future employment.
- Types of Internships
- Farming Diversified Vegetables
- Growing Fruit/Orchard Trees
- Taro/kalo farming by the lunar calendar
- Mobile Market – Marketing and/or Distribution
- Value-added Production
- Meal preparation with local ingredients
- Hours & Stipends
- 5, 10, or 15 hours per week
- 12 weeks, January through April 2020
- Earn approximately $10/hour
- Career Development
- Gain hands-on experience
- Learn professional skills
- Learn about our local food system.
- Apply Below!
Learn more on November 19th 5PM at the Kualapuʻu Rec Center!