Job Title: Mobile Market Driver & Produce Aggregator
Department: Sustainable Molokai Mobile Market
Reports To: Mobile Market Manager
Starting Wage: $18/hr
Summary: The purpose of this position is to support operations of the Mobile Market and to create solid custody of products from farm to customer. This includes, but is not limited to, the aggregation, packing and delivering of Mobile Market orders.
Hours: Must be available Wednesdays 11am-6:00pm, Thursdays 7am-3pm, and occasional Fridays 8am-2 pm (15-20 hours per week)
Primary Responsibilities Include:
(Other duties may be assigned based on interest, skills, and need):
- Assist in the coordination and pick up of produce and food items from suppliers
- Assist in setting and prep of packing floor for market
- Assist in the aggregation and packing of weekly Mobile Market orders
- Work Mobile Market delivery drops
- Occasionally deliver weekly orders
- Maintain and help improve all market systems & logistics
- Occasional dump runs and other errands
- Some maintenance/cleaning
- An interest in local food & farming on Molokai is required. Previous interns from any of our programs are particularly welcomed.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret orders and packing slips. Ability to effectively communicate with staff, school employees, and customers.
- Ability to count accurately & calculate basic math; good with details
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel). Must be able to learn to effectively use food hub ordering/tracking software, Local Food Market Place.
Other Skills and Abilities – Basic knowledge of crops (vegetables, fruits, etc.) and varietals grown on Molokai. Familiarity with culling (selecting the produce that is high quality from those that are of lower quality) and separating.
- A standard driver’s license in good standing and a clean driving record is required
- A working cell phone and vehicle
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with staff and MM customers
- Ability to work effectively with minimum amount of supervision
- Creative, adaptive problem-solving ability
- Excellent organizational skills and an attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and can follow through to completion of assigned projects
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and a high degree of initiative
- Ability, interest, and willingness to work as a team
To apply, please send your resume to [email protected]